Spring is here, but some days are still quite cold, especially in the northern parts of the UK.
On cold days, it’s always good to have some insulation in your buildings. In this post, we’ll be talking about insulation in more detail. We’ll also look at the insulation products that Action Shutters offers, including insulated shutter and steel doors.
What is insulation?
Insulation is anything in a building that prevents unwanted heat and cold from getting in. Any part of a building can be insulated: the walls, the doors, the ceilings and the floors. The most common materials for insulation are fibreglass, wool, cellulose, polyurethane and polystyrene.
When is insulation used?
Insulation is used all over the place. Your house will have some level of insulation, for one thing, to help keep out the cold British winter. Many industrial buildings have insulation too.
One specific use of insulation is industrial fridges and freezers. These have to be kept at very specific temperatures, and insulation helps to achieve this.
What are the benefits of insulation?
Insulation has several benefits. Here are the main ones.
- Reduce your heating bill. Insulation significantly reduces the cost of your heating bill during the winter because it prevents heat from escaping your building.
- Reduce your air conditioning costs. Insulation reduces your air conditioning costs in the summer because it prevents outside heat from entering.
- Keep your employees comfortable. Insulation can help to keep the ambient temperature at a comfortable level. This makes employees happier and more productive.
- Protect produce. Some things, like perishable food, for instance, last longer when they’re kept at cold temperatures. Imagine if you have a warehouse of food to look after – you don’t want it all to go bad and rot. This is where insulation can help. During the summer, insulation can keep out the heat and let your food last longer.
- Reduce noise. An added benefit of thermal insulation is that it usually reduces noise too.
Our insulation products
Here at Action Shutters, a lot of our products have insulation properties. Our steel doors, for example, have some ability to resist cold, heat and noise.
If it’s insulated shutters you’re after, then you’re in luck, because that’s just what we have. We have a range of insulated roller shutters, all with great insulation properties. Our insulated roller shutters:
- Have thermal insulation properties of 0.69 W/m2K
- Provide acoustic insulation of 18 decibels
- Are extremely durable
- Require little maintenance
- Feature 95mm deep ribbed face panels
- Come with optional safety edges
- Come with optional photocells to allow the doors to close automatically
- Comply with all current machinery directive safety standards
Need an insulated door that opens quickly?
If you want an insulated door that opens quickly, then consider our high-speed insulated roller shutter doors. This door opens and closes at 0.5 metres per second, thus letting people come and go with the minimum of delay. This door is practically everything in one: insulation, speed and security.
If you’d like to learn more about our insulation products, give us a call or send us an email. We look forward to hearing from you!